Technology is getting the better of me today!
Do you have those days when you just want to throw your phone / laptop out the window?? A few years ago (well, probably 15 years ago) my dad sat his mobile phone on the back wheel of a tractor while he did something that needed both hands. Hours later he was looking for his phone and found the very flat remains on the track where he'd backed over it . . .
LOL so on days like this, I say I want to take my device out into the driveway and reverse over it a few times!
It's either that, or open a bottle of wine early! Which brings me to what I was trying to share with you!
Last November I presented the Bottles and Bubbles Product Suite at Stampin' Up!'s On Stage Event at Melbourne Park. In preparing my presentation I also took lots of step by step photos and I only just realised I hadn't shared most of them!
This is the Stampin' Up! Woodcrate Framelit Die cut in Soft Suede card stock and stamped with the Hardwood Background stamp. I also sponged all of the corners with Soft Suede to make them look a bit old and well-loved.
Bubble Over stamp set bottles stamped in Cherry Cobbler and Garden Green and cut with the Bottles and Bubbles Framelits Dies and mounted onto a soft suede card strip cut and scored to fit inside the crate.
The labels on the bottles were also stamped and decorated, then some Linen Thread, a hand stamped and sponged tag and a tiny wreath (from our Holiday catalogue) were added to the front of the crate. Very cute, don't you think?
The bottles in the set are very much beer or cider bottles, but as we're not beer drinkers, I wanted to be able to make more variety of wine bottles with them too,
I stamped them again in Cherry Cobbler, sponged the white edges that are left from cutting with the framelits, cut and stamped labels in Basic Black and Crumb Cake and sponged the smaller one.
The background of the card includes lots of collage stamping and some strips of left over Designer Series Paper.
The bottles are layered on with some bakers twine and a couple of embellishments cut with the framelits and sponged for 3D effect, and the gold foil bottle caps are gold foil card cut using the bottle framelits, then scored across for the ridges and trimmed slightly on the corners to fit. Not perfect, but I think it works.
I changed the bottles also to coke bottles and I will share those cards soon (see them here). I am also doing a class next Tuesday - a Bottles and Bubbles Stamp a Stack class where you will get to make 8 cards minimum using this fun bundle and some great simple background techniques. If this interests you, please check out my event details and book in!
If you can't attend the class, buy the products here: