Good afternoon! Hope you had a fantastic weekend.
Are you a bit of a Valentines Day junkie? If so, what did you get up to yesterday and did Mr Right come up with the goods?
There was an Engagement party in our family yesterday afternoon - such exciting times! And YOU know ME!! Win! Win!
I get to try out some gorgeous Stampin' Up! Occasions Catalogue items on a really special card - I just love how there's a whole suite of romantic wedding themed stamp sets and accessories on pages 42-44 in the new mini catalogue.
Oh and lucky you! There's an ESAD blog hop today so I get to share it all with you too!
What is ESAD?
ESAD stands for "Extra Special Australasian Demonstrators" and is a facebook group just for Australian and New Zealand Independent Stampin' Up! demonstrators.
We love what we do and love to share with our customers, friends and blog visitors. We also share what we love in our ESAD Demonstrator community, through swaps, challenges, sharing knowledge, ideas and friendship and we're always there to help and support each other.
So if you are a Stampin' Up! demonstrator located in Australia or New Zealand then please feel free to leave me a comment with your email address then I'll contact you with information on how to join our group.
You may have come to my blog from the lovely Ria Kaire or you may be visiting my blog and can start the blog hop right here. Just follow the link at the bottom to get to the next person, and if you follow them all you'll go full circle and come right back here. And as we love feedback, please feel free to leave a comment on as many of the blog hop posts as you can. There are 21 particpants today.
Now back to my Engagement Card!
As you can see from the two little sneak peak photos above, I stamped the wreath image from the Your Perfect Day Stamp Set in Crumb Cake ink, then stamped the little flower a few times around it - hmmmm even after nearly 20 years of stamping, I'm still no perfect! I ended up doing it again!
Then on Vellum, I stamped in Versamark and heat embossed with Early Espresso Embossing Powder the greeting stamp Congrats to You Two also from Your Perfect Day set. These I then layered and cut out with the Hearts Collection Framelits.
The layers were attached together with Mini Brads, and a small banner made using half of one of the images from the Big News Stamp Set which is on page 68 of our Annual Catalogue.
This was then layered onto more hearts cut with the Hearts Collection Framelits, out of Soft Suede card and the absolutely delicious Something Borrowed Designer Series Paper (DSP).
The finished card is 5" wide by 7" tall, so I made a vertical belly band from Soft Suede card, embossing the top and bottom front with the new Spring Flowers Textured Impressions Embossing Folder on page 19 of the Occasions Catalogue.
The main card is a gate fold, and also has an oval envelope type flap at the top. It was a bit of a challenge working out the measurements for the score lines, before hacking into a whole sheet of card, but I love how it all worked out in the end with more hearts on the inside, and plenty of space to write a lovely message!
When it's all closed up, this is what it looks like.
The Bride-To-Be said I had really outdone myself this time - I guess she liked it!
Well, back to the blog hop! The next person on the hop is Sally Williams. Click on the picture to go on to her blog. But don't forget to leave a comment before you do!
In case the links in the blog hop are broken at any point, you can come back to the links below to find the next person.
1. Libby Dyson - http://www.libbystampz.com
2. Narelle Hoggard - http://www.handmadebynarelle.wordpress.com
3. Leonie Schroder - http://www.stamp-a-latte.com
4. Jenny Hayward - http://www.astampingjourney.wordpress.com
5. Tamsin Adams - http://tamsinadams.blogspot.com.au
6. Helen Williams - http://craftyhelen.blogspot.com
7. Pauline Bennetts - http://www.paulinebennetts.com/stampede
8. Monique Fielder - http://stamping-with-moni-q.blogspot.com.au
10. Keryn Campbell - http://kerynscards.com
11. Clare Mcilhatton - http://www.crafty-cow.com
12. Ria Kaire - http://www.stampinup.net/esuite/home/qraftyqueen/blog
13. Kathryn Ruddick - http://www.katlodesigns.com
14. Sally Williams - http://sallystampingdelights.blogspot.co.nz/
15. Tricia Raineri - http://www.thespeckledsparrow.blogspot.com.au
16. Nerida Carter - http://www.stampingjoy.blogspot.com
17. Mel Pagano - http://createwithmel.blogspot.com.au
18. Rachael Lewsley - http://www.mystampinhaven.com.au
19. Amity Knight - http://www.stampinamity.com.au/ESAD-blog-hop-project-life
20. Kelly Kent - http://mypapercraftjourney.com
21. Norelle Targato - http://rellspaperink.wordpress.com