We have now completed month two of our 12 month One Little Word journey. I found the February task of taking nine photos that cultivate an awareness of the ways in which the word “GROW” exists in my world, quite a challenging task. How does one bring to life in images, something so intangible as growth, without taking 9 photos of seedlings or ledgers, or someone else’s children?
Having said that, at the end of the month, I really experienced “GROW” in a giant way, because I went back and re-read the February hand out and the transcript for the assignment and I am sure the month could have been a whole lot easier, if I had just taken the time to read these valuable notes several times throughout the month, instead of just on the first day of the month. So I am already “growing” by being more aware of these helpers for the coming months, and by allowing this February assignment to be ongoing for the rest of the year.
So, how about my photos and the word GROW?
I love how my page turned out and the images I have chosen – even though I would do it completely differently now that I have re-read the notes for the month, but I am not going to let that change what I have done . . . this is my February assignment and my journey of growth. Here’s a very brief line about each photo.
Top L – Prolific growth, but also in a delicate, quiet way, without stomping on someone else’s toes
Top C – Being open to grow in different directions and take unexpected paths
Top R – Don’t be shy of growing in public, and try different things (yes, that’s me!)
Middle L – growth in my business – getting organised
Centre – pretty obvious!
Middle R – Reflection – registering that growth has happened & taking time out to smell the roses
Bottom L – Rising from the ashes, like a wild flower – new start, fresh beginnings
Bottom C – Growth in my creativity – spreading my wings, going back to my beginnings, utilising all the things I have learned in my creative life, not just in the last 2-3 years
Bottom R - This photo is special because it reminded me of part of our wedding ceremony last year, where my friend Josie read out a portion of the Kahlil Gibran poem including this line, “ . . . And stand together yet not too near together: For the pillars of the temple stand apart, And the oak tree and the cypress grow not in each other's shadow."
I guess I could just about write a full page on each of these photos, but I’ll keep that for my album instead of lumbering you with it!
If you’d like to see what lots of my class mates have done, please follow our blog hop over the next few days – the next link in the circle is Heather. Click here to go to her blog, and from there you will be able to continue on by clicking the links at the bottom of each one. If you get lost or a link is broken you can always come back here to the list below, and find the next one that way.
Please note, the blog hop goes live at 8am Pacific Standard Time on Tuesday, which is 3am Wed in Melbourne and with day light savings differences, it is likely that not all blog posts will go live at the same time. Please check back later if that's the case.
Thank you very much to Margie who has done all the hard work in co-ordinating all these ladies together for this part of our journey.
- Margie http://xnomads.typepad.com
- Monica B http://scraplifters.blogspot.com
- Jill http://jillconyers.typepad.com
- Miranda http://mirandasscrapsite.blogspot.com
- Donna http://www.donnabryantdurand.blogspot.com
- Lynn http://www.crafty-creativity.blogspot.com
- Stacey http://www.TheAcornGarden.com/blog
- Lisa http://backtoallen.com/writers_blog
- Cassie http://craftycassiescorner.blogspot.com
- Abbey http://athomewiththerichardsfamily.blogspot.com/
- Nicky http://seejanebake.blogspot.com
- Holly http://lovingrobots.blogspot.com
- Karen http://breathenowsmile.blogspot.com
- Claudia http://creative-moms.com
- Rebekah http://istampscrapcraft.blogspot.com
- Kimberly http://foreverdaisies.blogspot.com
- Kat www.katswonderings.blogspot.com
- Kristina http://ciqis.blogspot.com
- Jan http://mysimplelittlelife.typepad.com
- Nikki http://www.inkyart.com.au/
- Amanda www.scrappnbee.blogspot.com
- Lisa http://luluoz.typepad.com
- Sam http://learncreatedo.wordpress.com
- Maureen http://cookingmylife.blogspot.com
- Kristi http://theprojectofme.wordpress.com
- Tere http://terecontodomicorazon.blogspot.com
- Karen http://womenontractors.blogspot.com
- Katrina http://k84mansramblings.blogspot.com
- Monica Bergler http://questtoperfectimperfection.blogspot.com
- Mandy http://captureandcreate.wordpress.com
- Lisa http://makeyourownescape.blogspot.com
- Chrissy http://getcraftywithchrissy.blogspot.com
- Lee http://linarstudio.typepad.com/
- Jen www.byjen.com
- Sylvia http://baxtersmom1.blogspot.com/
- Christianne http://christiannemarra.blogspot.com/
- Cheri http://cheriandrews.blogspot.com
- Joy www.undiscoveredjoy.blogspot.com
- Beth http://justbebeth.wordpress.com/
- Jennifer L www.studiojenn.blogspot.com
- Kathryn www.katlodesigns.com
- Heather www.scrappyhare.blogspot.com
- Cindy http://seriousplay.typepad.com