Well, if you're looking for some inspiration or motivation, this is the place to come today. Members of the on-line class "One Little Word" have gotten together to do a blog hop, based on their first month of self-discovery in the 2011 One Little Word journey.
If you've never been on a blog hop before, all you do is follow the links at the bottom of each post, to take you to the next person. Eventually you will go full circle and get back to where you started.
My One Little Word for 2011 is GROW . . .
2010 was an action packed and kind of stressful year for us, I don't think we could have really crammed in another thing, and there are undoubtedly things we let slip as there was just too much going on. So we decided that 2011 was going to be a more restful year with less things in it. That is for me, an opportunity to recharge, spread my wings more, share more of what I love with more of the people I love, learn some new things and have time to actually realise that I have learned new things, and to feel gratitude for all the blessings that life brings.
Thinking along these lines, I felt that I would pick either LEARN or SHARE as my word to focus on for 2011, but as time passed, a new word started to GROW on me, a word that encompasses both learning and sharing and many other experiences as well. Of course, that word was GROW!
I have in my mind growth in so many things, not the least of which is our Vegie Patch!! But I'd also like to "grow" my circle of friends, as well as "growing" the relationships I currently have by seeing more of my friends more often and sharing more with them, but also learning from them, as they learn from me.
I hope to "grow" creatively by trying more styles, experimenting with different projects and using some of those delicious products that fill up my craft space and don't get used often enough (like the beautiful retired SU stamp set, "Carte Postale", I have used on these layouts). I'm working on that already, as you can tell by this pocket full of journalling cards - not ideas I would have tried before!
I am working on developing styles that I love too. I adore Vintage papercraft projects, but haven't done a lot - that is something I am hoping will grow and I think you can see it starting to emerge in some of these cards.
I also want to do more of my favourite styles - like watercolouring - which I love but because it takes longer, I skip it. Well, 2011 is a year to take the time and let it grow.
I also hope to grow in other ways, and Tony and I have started to do some volunteer work together, as well as going to Pilates together, not to mention the hours we have put into getting our new garden up and "growing". My One Little Word has already become an active force in our lives.
I do hope you'll have time to follow the blog hop around and see what the other One Little Word members are aspiring for in 2011, and each one of them would dearly love a comment or some encouragement in their journey, so please don't be shy about leaving a comment. The very next person in the "hop" is my very good stamping buddy, Nikki S, you can get to her delightful blog by clicking here.
If you happen to lose your way on the blog hop (or one of the links doesn't work), here is the whole list of 34 participants, so you can pick up where you left off.
Good journeying's to you and I hope to see you back here later in the year to see what I have been up to each month in this new journey of discovery!
1) Margie http://xnomads.typepad.com
2) Jill Conyers http://jillconyers.typepad.com/life_as_i_see_it/
3) Monica http://scraplifters.blogspot.com
4) Lynn W http://crafty-creativity.blogspot.com
5) Miranda http://mirandasscrapsite.blogspot.com
6) Mandy http://captureandcreate.wordpress.com
7) Kathy http://katswonderings.blogspot.com
8) Lisa http://makeyourownescape.blogspot.com
9) Donna http://donnabryantdurand.blogspot.com
10) Abbey http://athomewiththerichardsfamily.blogspot.com/
11) Sam http://learncreatedo.wordpress.com/
12) April http://capturethememories.blogspot.com
13) Nicky http://seejanebake.blogspot.com
14) Rebekah http://istampscrapcraft.blogspot.com/
15) Relly http://rel.ly
16) Nancy http://goshery.blogspot.com
17) Cynthia http://paperpapereverywhere.blogspot.com/
18) Kathryn http://katlodesigns.com
19) Nikki http://www.inkyart.com.au
20) Heather http://scrappyhare.blogspot.com
21) Gayle www.lifeonlilypadlane.blogspot.com
22) Kristina http://ciqis.blogspot.com
23) Debra http://blakleyhomeplace.blogspot.com
24) Becky http://beckyandjames.com
25) Amy http://reflectivesnapshots.com
26) Marlene http://moore-fun-in-the-sun.blogspot.com/
27) Maureen http://cookingmylife.blogspot.com
28) Cheri http://cheriandrews.blogspot.com
29) Monica Scrapmom http://questtoperfectimperfection.blogspot.com
30) Jan http://mysimplelittlelife.typepad.com
31) Junelle http://yesandamenblog.blogspot.com
32) Margaret http://www.gutsymom.blogspot.com
33) Sharyn http://www.analteredlife.com
34) Tere http://terecontodomicorazon.blogspot.com/